VMware Cloud Community
kstrap9
Contributor
Contributor

Requesting a multi machine VRA catalog service

I am trying to automate requesting of a catalog service in vRA using vRO workflows. For this purpose, I found the workflow "request a catalog item" and automated the workflow using the vRO Rest API. The problem is that this workflow accepts a vCACCAFE:CatalogItem type as an input, and multi machine service catalog items are not recognized as this type, but as vCACCAFE:AdminCatalogItem. This link suggests that I map the Multi-machine service to a VCAC:VirtualMachine type (since that is how the multi machine service is represented in the vRA IAAS database), although the op in the link is talking about a multi-machine service and not a multi-machine catalog item. Does anyone know how I can automate the provisioning of multi-machine catalog items? I am OK with creation of new actions or workflows in order to do this task.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
leefriendoaklan
Contributor
Contributor

As suggested you need to map the multi-machine service to a vCAC:VirtualMachine. Instructions here...hope it helps.

http://virtu-lee.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=395

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thanks.
0 Kudos