VMware Cloud Community
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Remove vCAC 6.0.1 plugin from vCO 5.1.2

I installed vCAC 6.0.1 plugin by mistake in vCO 5.1.2. Now I am trying to remove vCAC 6.01 plugin. I removed the .dar file, and removed the vCAC package from vCO client. After vCO appliance restart its still doesn't remove the vCAC library workflows and actions. This is causing issues if I have to add a new vCAC host or do any activities. I would like to remove all vCAC 6.0.1 components and install vCAC 5.2 plugin. Any help ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To remove a plug-in workflows, locate the package, right click / Delete element with content.

Since you already deleted the plug-in you have to reinstall it.

To do so you need to install the plug-in first.

Once you have deleted the package with content, then you can remove the dar file.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had this same issue with vCO 5.5 .  Actually it seemed like the install failed and was perpetually stuck at the status "Will install at the next restart" .  Removing the package along with content did not remove the content.  I ended up needing to restore from a backup.  I can reproduce this problem as I tried installing (actually upgrading in my case since this system has the 6.0 plugin installed) again after the restore and it failed in the same way.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Don't have vCO client in front of me so the menu item names might no be correct.

Try :

1. Open vCO client setting and enable delete non empty folders option

2. click on Library folder containing vCAC plugin workflows and delete it.

This should remove them.

then remove also old package and  dar file  and try to reinstall the plugin.

0 Kudos