VMware Cloud Community
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ReferenceError: "SOAPHostValidator" is not defined in vRO7.0 with SOAP Plug-in : 2.0.0.3346212

Hello,

I am trying to register an application with in-built 'Manage SSL certificates' workflow shifted with SOAP plug-in : (SOAP 2.0.0.3346212 ) in vRO 7 environment.

In that workflow there is an usage of  "SOAPHostValidator" like below.  But during executing my workflow , I am getting error "ReferenceError: "SOAPHostValidator" is not defined" that is coming from the in-built SOAP workflow. I tried to search this API from API explorer but not found. The same thing is working fine with SOAP 1.0.3 with vRO6.0/5.5.

"hostValidator = new SOAPHostValidator(url);"

Can you please help me out on this ? How to execute the WF with latest SOAP plug-in + vRO7 ?

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you try forcing a reinstall of the plugins?  This is an option in the troubleshooting tab of the Orchestrator configuration.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Koushik, I think this code was removed half a year ago so it seems you are seeing some old/outdated content.

Is this a clean vRO 7 installation, or an upgrade from older vRO version?

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Ilian,

Thanks for your reply.Yes, you are right.

This WF comes with our custom plug-in which was using SOAP 1.0.3. Since in SOAP 2.0.x, the SSL certificate mechanism is handled in different way so I have modified my workflow to adopt that one. Now everything is fine.  But I have another question is my mind that how could I generalize the SSL certificate handling mechanism so that it will work with both SOAP 1.0.3 and SOAP 2.0.x ? Any idea would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well, one option could be to write some Javascript code which determines the SOAP plug-in version (using Server.getAllPluginInfo()) or check for existence of lack of some elements like 'Manage SSL certificate' workflow (which has a known ID), and then, depending on the result, invoke the proper certificate handling workflows.

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Ilian. I have introduced some custom JS as per your suggestion and now everything is working fine as expected.

Thank you very much once again for your response.

Thanks,

Koushik