Since I deployed the 5.5 vCO appliance, I seem to be forever struggling with performance on the box as if the JAVA or JVM config on the appliance is just really bad!?? To elaborate: the java client takes forever to load inventory objects, I continuously receive errors with VC where workflows fail (where it works a couple of hours before and then just stops), the HTTP portal that is published sits on a loading screen or comes up with error:
"ERROR 404 Not Found - problem accessing vco/..... etc etc. then another reboot to resolve.
Is there a way one could tune the JVM on the appliance? Because the machine is hardly using 20% of it's resources...
If you look at the document tab or recent threads about this you will see similar issues have been solved using latest versions of the plug-ins included as technical previews in the documents tab.
Look here : VCO Performance Issue?
i managed to change the maxHttpHeaderSize to 163840 in the /vco/app-server directory, however as stated in VMware KB: No Orchestrator workflows appear in the vSphere Web Client , and as this point stands "
/opt/vmo/app-server/server/vmo/deploy/jboss-deploy-tomcat/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/", there is no such file of any kind on this appliance and the java client still feels sluggish
Is this with any inventory type or just vCenter ? If the latter then I would suggest updating the vCenter plug-in.
Just a note :
vCenter Orchestartor 5.5.1 is released and in includes officially released version of vCenter plugin 5.5.1 containing fixes mentioned by cdecanini_ for slow performance when browsing the vCenter inventory.
I will suggest upgrading the vCenter plugin to Technical Preview Version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for VMware vSphere 5.5.1 or better testing with vCO 5.5.1.
Changing maxHttpHeaderSize to 163840 will not have any effect on perfoamnce issue. This change is needed in certain cases when SSO token becomes bigger than 16384 (user is member to big number of groups...) and calls to vCenter Orchestrator server will fail.