VMware Cloud Community
jspatz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with restHost config to setup ordered disks

Preface to say .. I have never worked with RestHosts or anything before and this is my first foray into this realm.   We are deploying vRA8.8 and setting up server deployment workflows.  We are working on a SQL Server template which requires disks that are entered in a form to be handled by a workflow to format based on form input order which is apparently something that isn't straight forward yet.

I am trying to set this up 

https://developer.vmware.com/samples/7490/provisioning-additional-disks-with-vra8-with-ordered-mount...

and am running into snags with the restHost configuration.  when the workflow kicks off it's dumping this error.

TypeError: Cannot find function createRequest in object vRA8Rest. (Workflow:Add Ordered Mountpoints / Get ordered mountpoints/drive letters (item13)#17)

I configured the rest host with 

Authentication:NONE

name:vRA8Rest

URL:  https://<URLforCloudServicesConsole>    (I also tried throwing a /automation_ui on the end in case i...

I'm assuming I setup the restHost wrong .. I'm just not getting enough from the logs to muddle through it..  any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I downloaded and took a look at the package content there. You can extract the workflow content by unzipping the .package file and browse to here

eoinbyrne_1-1657896383225.png

The code of the workflow is in XML & the vRARest Host attribute looks to have the wrong type (string instead of RESTHost)

eoinbyrne_0-1657896161433.png

This is probably why you're seeing that error message (Cannot find function createRequest)

You could try editing the workflow attribute to have the correct type & then update the reference to your configured RESTHost for vRA. Once you have that done try it all again

-HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I downloaded and took a look at the package content there. You can extract the workflow content by unzipping the .package file and browse to here

eoinbyrne_1-1657896383225.png

The code of the workflow is in XML & the vRARest Host attribute looks to have the wrong type (string instead of RESTHost)

eoinbyrne_0-1657896161433.png

This is probably why you're seeing that error message (Cannot find function createRequest)

You could try editing the workflow attribute to have the correct type & then update the reference to your configured RESTHost for vRA. Once you have that done try it all again

-HTH

jspatz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are correct.. I meant to come back here earlier and comment I found this as well upon a little more digging.  Thank you though because this was indeed the correct answer!

0 Kudos