VMware Cloud Community
rdwinter02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Presentation: (possible error) default value based on input argument in prior step only partially set

Using Orchestrator 5.5.1 1617127. Same results with various Oracle JDKs 1.7.0_55, 1.7.0_60, 1.7.0_65, and 1.8.0_11.

Create a workflow with two inputs, both string. Adjust the presentation by adding a new step and place the second input in the new step. Add a default value property to the second input parameter. Set the default value to OGNL and specify the first input parameter as the default.

Save and close. Run workflow. Enter several characters for the first input parameter and click next. The default value displayed for the second input parameter is typically the first character or a few initial characters from the first input parameter.

Behavior seems to be related to how fast the first input parameter is typed. Slow typing yields only the first character as the default for the second input parameter. Fast typing typically yields several characters. Pasting in the complete value for the first parameter typically yields the complete value showing up as the default value.

I want to derive defaults for subsequent input parameters based on inputs given in a previous step. I'll be using an action to create a more interesting default value than above, but I still need the complete value for the first parameter to build my default.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Bob W.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

This behavior is by design - default values are evaluated only once. What you want is achievable via another property called 'Data binding'.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

This behavior is by design - default values are evaluated only once. What you want is achievable via another property called 'Data binding'.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
rdwinter02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, "Data binding" does what I need.

0 Kudos