VMware Cloud Community
Altheau
Contributor
Contributor

Predefined List of Elements from action showing list in VCO webclient but not vSphere web client

I have created a predefined list from an action in one of my workflows that basically creates a list of numbers based upon the memory the VM selected in the previous step has. That way if you want to increase the memory on a machine and it has 4GB RAM currently you get a list of 5,6,7,8 (the logical calc is done by an action)

I have set this up and it works perfectly if you use the VCO web client but it does not work at all with the vsphere web client. If you use the vSphere webclient you just get a standard txt box with no value in it, so completly balnk and no help at all.

Anyone seen this before and know what I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which versions of vSphere Web client and vCO are you using?

Also, could you check if it works if you use your action with 'predefined answers' instead of 'predefined list of elements'?

0 Kudos
Altheau
Contributor
Contributor

ok the Version of vSphere is 5.1
vCo version is 5.1

It does not work with either predefined answers or predefined list of elements.

It does work if I manually type in an array with predefined answers but that is a bit messy of course for the user.

Here is the action in essence it is a bit messy but I have not done any scripting for a long long time LOL

var memory = vm.config.hardware.memoryMB

var list = [];
var number;

var gig = memory/1024
list.push(number);

while (gig>1)
{
number = gig - 1;
list.push(number);
gig = number;
}

return list;

Also just to try it out I can geta diffrent action to work in maximum value but not in Default value. I even tried just using a vcenter standard action that I knew would return a number and no go for default value. So it seems like it is just the visual options thatr are affected. If the propertie is not one that produces a visible number or list then it works fine eg Maximum value

I am confused =|

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In the first call to list.push(number) on line 5, you are pushing a uninitialized variable number. This need to be changed to list.push(gig).

0 Kudos
Mnemonic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever solve this problem.

I have the same problem. It works in vCO client but not in Web Client. I am also running versions 5.1

0 Kudos