VMware Cloud Community
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Permanently store Guest Customization values as resource?

Could someone explain to me if it's possible, and if so how, to store the responses to a sysprep as a permanent resource in vCO? Ideally by importing the values set in vCenter?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

there is a difference between sysprep, and the Guest Customization in vCenter. Technically the Guest Customization uses sysprep, but not necessarily in form of a sysprep answer file.

See Re: vcCustomizationSysprep and customizationSpec for details about how the customization is modeled in the vCenter API.

To store these values in vCO, you can...

... store a sysprep answer file as resource element (I think there is a workflow in the library that already does that), Resource elements allow you to store any MIME type data (text, binary). You have to upload them from a file to the resource element, then you can use the resource element as attribute in your workflow, and access the data in JAvaScript Re: How sending attachment from vCO server per mail

... store the customizationSpecification object as type "Any" in a Configuration Element, see here for details about configuration elements Configuration Elements revisited | VMware vCenter Orchestrator Blog - VMware Blogs

... store the single attributes you need to build the customization in Configuration Elements

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What I am primarily looking for is a way to easily reuse the customization specs already present in vCenter. Is there any way to reference these?

0 Kudos