VMware Cloud Community
thomaes
Contributor
Contributor

Orchestrator Fun Demo

Hi, my name is Thomas and I am a student doing an internship in an IT company together with another student.

We were planning on making a sexy demo about orchestrator, but we're quite new to actually doing the whole virtualisation thing ourselves (and making demos fot that matter). We've allready setup a virtual environment and installed/configured orchestrator so it is running now. We also allready made some simple scripts and tested them.

The only problem is, we do not realy have a good view about wha's "hot" in orchestrator and were hoping to get some tips/ideas.

thx

Tags (3)
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I suppose first you need to identify your requirements and the use case. In order to understand and explore more on Orchestrator, from the VMware's perspective, you would first need to understand the virtualization technology and how would you like to develop your demo. Basically, Orchestrator product can be used stand alone as well, that is not involving the vSphere Infrastructure, as it is basically a concept on business modeling and business objects. You can automate your daily operations by creating and deploying 3rd party plug-ins just like a VC plugin, which helps to automate the Virtual Infrastructure. Same way, one can create their own plug-ins, following the orchestrator standards, and deploy them inside Orchestrator. Automation is then achieved through the workflows and scripts. So, exploring the plug-ins part and developing workflows would be a good option. One can also create vCO web service clients, to consume the exposed web services by the Orchestrator server.

For more details, please refer to http://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-orchestrator/

- Angela -