VMware Cloud Community
clabman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Odd error with plugin vCenter Server 5.1

Hi,

I have installed orchestrator appliance 5.1 with vCenter plugin. Everything is green and seems well configured.

I am able to connect myself with the vCenter client and access all my workflows !

But when I access the plugin parts and wants to explore the vCenter Server, orchestrator returns me this error :

[2013-04-15 16:29:50.477] [E] Permission to perform this operation was denied. : System.View/Folder - group-d1(IP vCenter)

I do not understand why. The user that I configured in the vCenter plugin configuration is an administrator and has all privileges...

Have you got any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

HI!

Are you sure the user you configured for vCenter connection has proper permissions on this level?

Even for an administrator at root level in vCenter you can remove/override the permissions on lower level.

Are you using SSO?

And: What authentication strategy for the vCenter Plugin have you configured?

With a "per user" session also the user you login to vSphere WebClient / vCO has to have the proper permissions.

You can try to reconfigure vCO to use a "shared session", then for all operations the user you configured (hopefully with admin permissions in vCenter) is used for all operations.

Cheers,

Joerg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

HI!

Are you sure the user you configured for vCenter connection has proper permissions on this level?

Even for an administrator at root level in vCenter you can remove/override the permissions on lower level.

Are you using SSO?

And: What authentication strategy for the vCenter Plugin have you configured?

With a "per user" session also the user you login to vSphere WebClient / vCO has to have the proper permissions.

You can try to reconfigure vCO to use a "shared session", then for all operations the user you configured (hopefully with admin permissions in vCenter) is used for all operations.

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos
clabman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great You got it Smiley Happy

I'm using SSO and it seems that orchestrator wants to make some actions with sso admin in place to use my local admin.

I changed the plugin configuration with a shared session and now it works great !!

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Regards.

0 Kudos