VMware Cloud Community
BWinchell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OGNL Presentation - Mark as Read-only?

Hello,

In the presentation portion of a UserInteraction object, I have a default value of "#_userdisplayname".

I use this to capture who the current user that is answering the interaction (approval process). 

Is there a way to populate that with the current user (non-editable)?  I use this for auditing purposes but do not want the person approving the action to be able to change it.

BTW.....

The end-user is using the web client in 6.x to answer these actions.

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no direct property to mark a presentation field as read-only.

There is some kind of workaround, though. Open for edit the user interaction presentation (as it is shown on your screenshot), click on the 'Approve' display group, and enter the expression you want to display as a read-only text into 'General'->'Description' field at the bottom of the dialog.

For example, you can enter something like:

Direct Manager:  ${__userdisplayname}

When you start the workflow and it reaches the presentation's Approver step, you should see a read-only label, something like 

Direct Manager:  __John Doe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no direct property to mark a presentation field as read-only.

There is some kind of workaround, though. Open for edit the user interaction presentation (as it is shown on your screenshot), click on the 'Approve' display group, and enter the expression you want to display as a read-only text into 'General'->'Description' field at the bottom of the dialog.

For example, you can enter something like:

Direct Manager:  ${__userdisplayname}

When you start the workflow and it reaches the presentation's Approver step, you should see a read-only label, something like 

Direct Manager:  __John Doe

0 Kudos
BWinchell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I used what you recommended with a slight twist.  Since I cannot use a blank display group (I need an attribute to bring back into the flow to use in email notifications), I now hide that field (permanently) so the end-user does not see it.

Thanks

B

0 Kudos