VMware Cloud Community
CalmCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not able to call VCAC Catalog Item from workflow

Hi All,

I need to call a VCAC catalog item from a VCO workflow. It fails in requestCatlogItem() action. The error is    "java.lang.NullPointerException (Workflow:RHEL / Scriptable task (item1)#1)". I was looking into the action getCatalogItem it throws "var form = vCACCAFERequestsHelper.getRequestFormForCatalogItem(item)".

I was able to create a vm from VACA. So blueprint is good.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CalmCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Env:

VCO 5.5.1

VCAC Build 6.2.0-2299574

Same issue discussed Re: Unable to run VCO workflow 'Request a catalog item'. Not sure about the environment.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This package was created on 6.2.1 but it should work for the use case you are highlighting. There are some specific parameters that need to be set in order to make a request through vRO/vCO. If you look at the package I've uploaded here you will see a scriptable task that sets the needed parameters and calls the action to request the catalog item. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
CalmCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the pack but I had it  working with vcac 6.0 and vco 5.5. It stopped working after upgrade to vcac 6.2 and vco 5.5.1.

I will do REST call as workaround as described in Using vCAC 6.X REST APIs - Part 2 - Elastic Skies

0 Kudos
gmuleshkov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suppose that the problem appear because of the versions of vCAC, vCO and the plugin.

The 6.2.x version of the plugin works on vCO 6.0.x agains vCAC 6.2.x.

I suppose that if you update vCO to 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 and the plugin to 6.2.1 it should solve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Georgi

0 Kudos