VMware Cloud Community
DeepakPN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nested exception on calling SOAP webservice in Orchestrator - org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in ch.dunes.vso.webservice.WorkflowToken - businessState ?

I created a java client program to call Orchestrator webservice for executing a workflow.

Upon execution of my code , the workflow is executed in Orchestrator with new workflow token generated .

But my client side is receiving SAX exception. Entire trace is as below :

WARNING: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

Sep 20, 2013 1:02:23 PM org.apache.axis.client.Call invoke

SEVERE: Exception:

• org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in ch.dunes.vso.webservice.WorkflowToken - businessState

at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.java:258)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)

at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)

at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)

at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2467)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

at ch.dunes.vso.webservice.WebserviceSoapBindingStub.executeWorkflow(WebserviceSoapBindingStub.java:744)

at ch.dunes.vso.webservice.VSOWebControlProxy.executeWorkflow(VSOWebControlProxy.java:95)

at com.vmware.client.LaunchWorkflow.main(Unknown Source)

; nested exception is:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in ch.dunes.vso.webservice.WorkflowToken - businessState [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@793d7a

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
istroh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you check the version of the WSDL you're using in your java app? Looks like it'S outdated, maybe pointing to an old 4.1 version

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
istroh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you check the version of the WSDL you're using in your java app? Looks like it'S outdated, maybe pointing to an old 4.1 version

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Istroh is right. The response you are getting from vCenter Orchestrator server contains businessState property, but your client application cannot understand it. This could happen if your client application uses web service client stubs generated from an older server WSDL file.

Which vCenter Orchestrator server version are you using? Could you describe in more details how you generated stubs for your client application?

We introduced businessState property a couple of years ago. It is available in vCO 5.x builds. It is certainly not available in 4.1GA, but I'm not sure about 4.1.x update builds or 4.2.x.

In any case, if you regenerate client stubs from the actual vCenter Orchestrator server version you are using, the problem should go away - both server and client side will either have, or have not, this property.

DeepakPN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks @istroh and @iiliev

I was using an old wsdl .

0 Kudos