VMware Cloud Community
virtualtech_wor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Need L3 level interview questions around vRA, vRO, vROps

Can someone provide inputs on these questions. this is for senior level l3 position technical 2nd round interview.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
3 Replies
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership

Here is my 2-cents on this.  I believe, and use this when I interview, that you will getting better results with more open ended discussion with things like this...

What were the biggest hurtles you encountered with past integrations of the vRealize Suite of products?

What was the most successful use case did you implemented ?

What was the most difficult.

What are the biggest lessons learned from your experience?

In my opinion the name of the game is shop talk.  What have you done and how did you do it?  I think you will get a better understanding of someone's ability and experience letting them talk about what they have done and why they did it the way they did.  You should be able to get some better insight as to what type of thinker the person is and or how they go about solving problems they encounter by setting a direction and letting them talk.

I have gone to interviews where a good number of my answers were I do not know off the top of my head but give me a couple of moments and I can get that answer for you.  Interview their experience, not their memory banks of min and max or whatever.

My 2 cents

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
mshaker1880
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question 54: What hardware configuration does not support vRealize Suite 2019?
A. 64-bit x86 CPUs
B. Host machines with one core
C. Load AH from Flags (LAHF) and Save AH to Flags (SAHF) CPU instructions
D. 2 GB physical RAM
Correct Answer: B. Host machines with one core
Host machines with a single core cannot support vRealize Suite 2019. You must have a host machine with at least two cores to successfully install and deploy vRealize Suite 2019 products.

Question 55: True or false: VRealize Automation 8.0 does not provide cloud capabilities to SaaS or on-premises workloads.

A. True
B. False
Correct Answer: B. False
VRealize Suite 2019 modernized the software architecture to help users employ vRealize Automation in SaaS or on-premises workloads. This enhances agility, efficiency and governance of data in the enterprise.

Question 56: Which of the following services were added to vRealize Automation during the 8.0 update?
A. Code Stream and Orchestrator
B. Orchestrator and Infrastructure Navigator
C. Cloud Assembly and Service Broker
D. None of the above
Correct Answer: C. Cloud Assembly and Service Broker
VMware added Cloud Assembly and Service Broker to its services. Cloud Assembly enables users to maintain infrastructure, create application blueprints and manage deployments. Service Broker helps users to provide blueprints and templates for cloud-agnostic resources, such as compute and storage, to their consumers through a catalog.

Question 57: Which vRealize Suite components did VMware integrate into vRealize Suite 2019?

A. VRealize Automation and vRealize Business for Cloud
B. VRealize Operations and vRealize Log Insight
C. VRealize Automation and vRealize Operations
D. VRealize Log Insight and vRealize Infrastructure Navigator
Correct Answer: C. VRealize Automation and vRealize Operations
VMware integrated vRealize Automation 8.0 and vRealize Operations 8.0 into vRealize Suite 2019 to provide enhanced closed loop optimization that provides continuous performance, capacity and cost optimization. This enables users to simplify operations within their data centers and to lower overhead costs.

Question 58: Prior to version 8.0, what capability was not available in vRealize Operations Manager?
A. Performance
B. Troubleshooting Workbench
C. Capacity
D. Configuration
Correct Answer: B. Troubleshooting Workbench
VRealize Suite 2019 provides accelerated root cause analysis with the Troubleshooting Workbench tool, which uses machine learning technology to deliver evidence of potential root cause. It also gathers data around events and property changes to expedite the troubleshooting process.

Question 59: What is the only web browser vRealize Log Insight 8.0 does not support?
A. Mozilla Firefox 45.0
B. Google Chrome 51.0
C. Safari 9.1
D. Internet Explorer 10
Correct Answer: D. Internet Explorer 10
Following the 8.0 update, vRealize Log Insight supports Mozilla Firefox 45.0, Google Chrome 51.0, Safari 9.1 and Internet Explorer 11. Any prior version is no longer supported.

Question 60: Which license makes vRealize Orchestrator Git integration available?
A. VMware Cloud on AWS
B. VSphere
C. VRealize Automation
D. Hyper-V
Correct Answer: C. VRealize Automation
VRealize Orchestrator 8.0 only supports vRealize Automation as the appropriate license, which makes it a necessary purchase for Git integration.

Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZhOxAVLH-olT9sAcjUvAJg
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@mshaker1880 

Where did you get those from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos