We just migrated from vRO 7.4 to 7.6 but did it a bit different as in the Documenation (Migrate an External vRealize Orchestrator Appliance 6.x and Later to vRealize Orchestrator 7.6😞
- Rename the old Appliance in vCenter
- Take a Snapshot of the Appliance (always a good idea)
- Deploy new 7.6 Appliance with the same Name and IP Settings but do not power it on.
- Stop the source Orchestrator services:
service vco-server stop
service vco-configurator stop
- Add the line "listen_addresses ='*'" to /var/vmware/vpostgres/current/pgdata/postgresql.conf
- Add the line "host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5" to /var/vmware/vpostgres/current/pgdata/pg_hba.conf
- Add a new temporary IP to eth0 (on the same network/vlan). For Example:
ip addr add 192.168.0.222/24 dev eth0
- Close the SSH Session and login to temporary IP
- Remove the old IP from eth0. For Example:
ip addr remove 192.168.0.111/24 dev eth0
- Restart the vPostgrsql:
service vpostgres restart
- Start the new deployed Appliance
- Go the "Migrate" Tab an the VAMI of the new Appliance and instead of the Host name of the Source Orchestrator Appliance use the temporary IP
- Wait until the the wizard has completed.
- Shutdown the old Appliance and never power it on again
- Do the Post Migration Steps
Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...