VMware Cloud Community
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Men & Mice - SetIPAMRecord

Hello all,

I've done a lot of testing and research, and I've been able to connect to Men & Mice with SOAP. I've been able to do a couple of queries, including registering a new DNS record with its PTR Record. So the record was free originally.

Not I'm trying to de-register a currently registered DNS Record with its PTR Record, when using VRO, it doesn't work. The SOAP Interface complains:

[2016-01-14 11:47:05.208] [I] Can't save the object because it was modified by another user.

<faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>Can't save the object because it was modified by another user.</faultstring>

<detail><mmfaultdetails><message>Can't save the object because it was modified by another user.</message><errorcode>16552</errorcode></mmfaultdetails></detail>

(Dynamic Script Module name : invokeSOAPOperation#26)

When I'm doing the same SetIPAMRecord on the same record with SOAPUI, it works fine. I've looked at the query that VRO sends to M&M its seems fine.

I have no clue why its saying that all the time, I've looked at the doc of Men & Mice, all the required parameters are provided.

Anyone else had problem with SetIPAMRecord ?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've finally found something. For some reason, when I do the GetIPAMRecord(via VRO), i receive the record with all the values. Except that all values with 0/1, end up with "false". Even when its set at 1. When I do the same query with SOAP UI, the value is set at 0 or 1. I've double checked with VRO + Fiddler, and I can see that the GetIPAMRecord has values in 0 and 1 format, but then VRO stores it in my variable with false.

I've double checked Men & Mice, can use values in the format false, true, 0, 1.

So VRO does something to the boolean values in a SOAP call ?

I'm currently using VRO 5.5.3, planning to move to 7, soon.

For now I've fixed my problem by manually setting the value with true for the one that I know that will have true. But who knows if it will always be true.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've finally found something. For some reason, when I do the GetIPAMRecord(via VRO), i receive the record with all the values. Except that all values with 0/1, end up with "false". Even when its set at 1. When I do the same query with SOAP UI, the value is set at 0 or 1. I've double checked with VRO + Fiddler, and I can see that the GetIPAMRecord has values in 0 and 1 format, but then VRO stores it in my variable with false.

I've double checked Men & Mice, can use values in the format false, true, 0, 1.

So VRO does something to the boolean values in a SOAP call ?

I'm currently using VRO 5.5.3, planning to move to 7, soon.

For now I've fixed my problem by manually setting the value with true for the one that I know that will have true. But who knows if it will always be true.

0 Kudos