VMware Cloud Community
figinhole
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maven HowToSynchronize command not working

Hey Community:

I'm using this suggested maven command to sync

mvn o11n-package:import-package -DserverUrl=user:pass@localhost:8281

(I got special characters in my username and password including '@', used '\' before the special characters)

Its throwing error:  [0001]Access not allowed -> [Help1]

Please let me know if more info required. Any help will be appreciated.

Best,

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you on Windows? On Windows command prompt, special characters are escaped with '^', not with '/'.

The error message 'access not allowed' could also mean that your account does not have enough permissions.

0 Kudos
figinhole
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to check permissions or authenticate single users from vCO.

I currently have sso setup on vCO and the user is part of administrator group. Not sure why I'm getting 'access not allowed' error!

I can log-in to vCO client with this credentials.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe that escaping those characters will not help. As far as I remember there is an issue with special chars  in username/password leading to incorrect parsing of username and password..

You can  validate that by using username with no special chars in username/password.

If that is the case you can open customer request for this issue.

0 Kudos
figinhole
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi igaydajiev,

Thank you for your reply. Yes there is an issue with using special character in username/password.

I created a new user with no special character in the password and its working. Also if you have user like "username@abc" use abc/username format.

How can I open a customer request?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos