VMware Cloud Community
SamWolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Locating a DVS from within the vCenter plugin

Hello,

I am attempting to locate my distributed virtual switch from within the vCenter plugin to make a reference point for the creation of port groups but after an extensive search I am at a loss for where this can be found.

I would assume to find this under the vCenter --> Datacenter --> Network however all I can see within this group is the port groups themselves.

I have looked in all other categories under the plugin and cannot seem to locate it.

My environment is quite large and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hmm, in my environment distributed virtual switches appear exactly there, under datacenter -> network.

See the attached screenshot.

dvs.png

0 Kudos
SamWolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the direction Ilian, it looks like I was in the right place and the switch is failing to present itself. After some checking it looks like the switch is lagging behind in the upgrade and is still 5.1.

I will have to check to see once it becomes 5.5 if this fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
SamWolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately my previous line of thinking was incorrect. A full 5.5 environment is also failing to reference this entity.

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you restart vCO server and attach here the server.log from the time you browse the plugin inventory for the first time?

0 Kudos