VMware Cloud Community
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Lease extending from VCO into VCAC

I currently have a workflow that extends a VCAC lease from VCO that expects a type:  vCAC:VirtualMachine.  I am trying to accomplish is passing in the VM name to this workflow with no such luck.  I can select the VM name from the gui when I run the workflow and all is good.  Do any of you have a sample snippet that will accomplish this?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I wrote a wrapper that accepts a VM name string to get the UUID from the VC plugin. Using that as an  input into the vCACEntityManager.readModelEntitiesBySystemQuery, I was able to send the output as type VCAC:VirtualMachine to my lease workflow.

-Stephen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I wrote a wrapper that accepts a VM name string to get the UUID from the VC plugin. Using that as an  input into the vCACEntityManager.readModelEntitiesBySystemQuery, I was able to send the output as type VCAC:VirtualMachine to my lease workflow.

-Stephen

0 Kudos
LFDallas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you give me a little insight into how you are extending a vCAC lease from vCO.  I'm looking to do the very same thing.  I think I already have the workflows to get a vCAC vm from a string input, but I can't figure out how to extend the lease.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos