VMware Cloud Community
ats0401
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is vRo still free with a vCenter license?

I know its always been a free entitlement when you have a vCenter license. But on the product page, vRealize Orchestrator (vCenter Orchestrator): Server Provisioning , I can see no mention of this anymore (just integration with vCloud Suite or vRealize Suite). Have things changed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vRO is included as part of VMware vSphere and/or vRealize Automation license entitlements.

0 Kudos
ats0401
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok - just wondering why this language removed from the product webpage. It used to explicitly state it came free of charge with vCenter. Now it seems to imply it only comes with vRealize Automation.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure what/why/when was changed/removed from this webpage; you may want to contact a VMware representative for official statement.

Being a part of the same Cloud Management business unit as vRealize Automation, it is natural that the main focus of vRO is slowly shifting towards more vRA-centric use cases. But the vSphere customers are also important, so those of them who don't have vRA license have an option to separately download the standalone vRO appliance and configure it with their existing vCenter license.

0 Kudos
sve_vmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Adding this as an update for all information/awareness
Licensing vRealize Orchestrator comes in two licensing models.
Basic vRealize Orchestrator functionality is included as part of vSphere
Full functionality is only available as part of vRealize Automation (standalone or vRealize Suite Advanced/Enterprise license keys).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos