VMware Cloud Community
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Invoke a PowerShell script is executing the script twice

Invoke a PowerShell script is executing the script twice!

I had created a script that uses the ExportVM command in PowerCli and noticed that the export was actually happening twice. I simplified the issue to reduce the possible causes and came up with the following example (see attached word doc for screen shots and full description).

If someone can help tell me why this is happening and a possible work around that would be wonderfull...

RS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PetarGeorgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello all,

The issue  must be fixed at the build provided in the following post: Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Powershell Plug-in 1.0.x

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Petar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

It looks like you are hitting a bug introduced in PowerShell plug-in version 1.0.10 (the version that ships with vRO 7.2). I'll open a PR to get it fixed.

Not sure if it is applicable to your case, but one option would be to downgrade to version 1.0.9 of this plug-in (the version that ships with vRO 7.1). Another option would be to wait until the bug is fixed and a patched plug-in version is released; hopefully next week.

0 Kudos
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank for the quick reply Ilian! Much appreciated, I can wait till the patch comes out.

RS

0 Kudos
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ilian,

Just a quick followup, I loaded up a vra 7.1 appliance and tested my original script and your right; the original script runs fine. So I will just run that workflow from the 7.1 appliance until the patch comes out. I'll keep an eye out and test the patch when it's out and then update this discussion thread.

Thanks again for you quick response...

RS

0 Kudos
viktorious
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, I ran into another bug in the Powershell 1.0.10 plugin and downgraded the plugin to 1.0.9 on my vRO 7.2 server. I published the process in a blogpost here: https://www.viktorious.nl/2017/01/04/how-to-downgrade-the-buggy-1-0-10-powershell-plugin-thats-part-... , this might be helpful for you!

0 Kudos
PetarGeorgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello all,

The issue  must be fixed at the build provided in the following post: Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Powershell Plug-in 1.0.x

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Petar

0 Kudos
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Petar!

I will test it this weekend and let you know if it fixed the issue. Again many thanks for the quick response!

Take care
RS

0 Kudos
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Happy to report that the updated plugin has resolved this issue. Big thank you to everyone involved specially for the really fast turn around...

RS

0 Kudos
PetarGeorgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Richard,

We are happy to hear that.

Best Regards,

Petar

0 Kudos