VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I need to vRO NLB Recommendation

Hi,

I have two vRO 7.3 node clustered. Both look the same SQL database. I don't have any problem with this.

Node1 Name : VRO01.x.local - 192.168.1.1

Node2 Name : VRO02.x.local - 192.168.1.2

Cluster Name : VRO.x.local - 192.168.1.1 ( created on DNS and redirected to VRO01.x.local  )

I redirected the all request to VRO.x.local. So naturally, all requests are going to VRO01.x.local. If i have any problem on VRO01, I'm changing VRO.x.local dns record ip with VRO02.x.local Ip.

My question is ;

Should I need to add any Load Balancer to top of these vROs or, is that enough to use DNS Round Robin  ? What is your general use case advice about this ? I have a lot of workflows on VROs nodes and many workflow is running simultaneously. I want to learn best scenario for this.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

DNS Round Robin is not quite the same as a load balancer, but I suppose it could work for simple scenarios.

Should you choose to try with a proper load balancer, this doc might be helpful - https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Orchestrator/7.3/vRealize_Orchestrator_Load_Balancing.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

DNS Round Robin is not quite the same as a load balancer, but I suppose it could work for simple scenarios.

Should you choose to try with a proper load balancer, this doc might be helpful - https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Orchestrator/7.3/vRealize_Orchestrator_Load_Balancing.pdf

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As Ilian stated, DNS round robin is not appropriate in this circumstance. You should be using a load balancer in front of your nodes and, having one active node and the other as standby (unless you have a particular issue with scale and concurrency). One thing I'll point out that is missing and/or not clear from the guide linked to above is the persistence profile. You must use some sort of persistent sessions profile and not leave it to NONE.

legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks both of you..

0 Kudos