VMware Cloud Community
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to stay up-to-date with the latest plugins

Hello all,

I've been wondering, how can I stay up to date on the latest plugins. Recently we had a bug with our PowerShell plugin after upgrading to VRO 7.2 the plugin was running twice. Once we found out the other post regarding this issue, we've fixed the problem.

But there was a huge gap between us finding the problem and finding the solution. It doesn't seem there's an easy way to track this. I don,t want to browse the marketplace everytime, and even for the PowerShell plugin, I've found it on the forum, since its usually packaged within VRO updates, I guess ?

So, how can I track down my plugin version number vs what is available ?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can check the currently installed plug-ins' versions either in Control Center (Plugins > Manage Plug-ins) or vRO Workflow Designer (Help > Installed plug-ins).

As for what is available, I'm not sure if there is a up-to-date list with the latest builds. For plug-ins that are developed and supported by vRO team, usually we post the latest available builds here in the forums as 'technical previews'.

So if you experience a problem with some of the plug-ins and want to know if there is a newer version available, one option would be to just ask here in the forums.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can check the currently installed plug-ins' versions either in Control Center (Plugins > Manage Plug-ins) or vRO Workflow Designer (Help > Installed plug-ins).

As for what is available, I'm not sure if there is a up-to-date list with the latest builds. For plug-ins that are developed and supported by vRO team, usually we post the latest available builds here in the forums as 'technical previews'.

So if you experience a problem with some of the plug-ins and want to know if there is a newer version available, one option would be to just ask here in the forums.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ilian,

Yeah, only problem with that is if we experience an issue, sometimes it can take time before we encounter the issue. If the workflow is not used a lot. Like in my case.

So if I had something integrated that could compare the installed plugins with the ones available, or a webpage that lists all plugins versions and download links with release notes in a central place it would be better.

But I'll take your suggestion and I'll browse for technical previews.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just found out the rss feed for all the tecnical previews. That's a good alternative instead of browsing through the forum. I've added the feed in my feedly, and outlook rss reader.

https://communities.vmware.com/view-browse-feed.jspa?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~ob...

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I had no clue there was feed for the tech previews.  Nice find!

0 Kudos