VMware Cloud Community
zoomprofile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to read values from Service Broker input form?

Hi,

trying to find docs, but searching always pointing me just to using workflows action and external source. But cannot find article how to read Service Broker custom form input values

What I want to achieve:

• in training environment we have set of VMs for each student
  • I want to enable trainers to be able to revert VMs on one click in VRA (but not just this, but for example it's enough this action)
  • So I want to have embedded vRO workflow (in vRA 8.6) which revert those snapshots
    • This workflow will be published to Catalog in Service Broker
    • Published item will have custom form with several checkboxes to properly select which VMs should revert

What I do not know, is how to read input values from Service Broker Custom form in that workflow. Or how to map custom form elements to Input variables.

Also to explain why I want to do this way, is that I want to restrict trainers just to one project and just to catalog items dedicated to them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you create a workflow in vRO and then add it as an item in Service Broker to the catalog, then the workflows inputs will be mapped into the form. Relevant data will be sent to the correct input in vRO when the workflow is executed.

Have you tried to do this at all?

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you create a workflow in vRO and then add it as an item in Service Broker to the catalog, then the workflows inputs will be mapped into the form. Relevant data will be sent to the correct input in vRO when the workflow is executed.

Have you tried to do this at all?

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points
0 Kudos