VMware Cloud Community
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to add server into AD group

Hi there,

I am looking for the way how to add server into AD group using workflow "Add computers to group members".

I have deplyment workflow where server AD account is created and I know and can find the server in the OU, but in mentined workflow is used array as input and "AD_UserGroup" parameter "addElements" is return type void (void addElements(Object[] elemetns: all elements to add to the group)) - this is from API explorer.

Maybe right question is how to push this AD:Computer to the above mentioned array?

Any help is helpfull, thanks all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

maybe I find solution here but I recieved an error:

Error while modifying element: [LDAP: error code 50 - 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 ] (Workflow:Add computers to group members / Add members (item0)#18)

I guess that it is according to no rules to add server to poposed group.

Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

maybe I find solution here but I recieved an error:

Error while modifying element: [LDAP: error code 50 - 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 ] (Workflow:Add computers to group members / Add members (item0)#18)

I guess that it is according to no rules to add server to poposed group.

Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks all.

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all,

as I mentioned in post above, it is correct and my assuming that it is problem with AD rights was also correct, after we added VCO account to group admins it started work.

So hope that this will help someone else.

Cheers

0 Kudos