VMware Cloud Community
FredericSOSSON
Contributor
Contributor

HTTP-REST plugin - authentication issue

Hi Community,

We are using vRO 7.6, we made a Workflow to call Microsoft Orchestrator Runbook through REST-HTTP.

We used "Add a REST host" Workflow, set "NTLM" as authentication type, "Shared Session" as "Session mode", we set user name and password, we set the right domain, no proxy, no X.509 certificate verification, no private key.

During the last few months everything was running well, but suddenly last night Microsoft Orchestrator IIS server got a request from VMware Orchestrator with no authentication :smileyplain: and thrown error 401.

I manually ran Workflow many times today and everything is fine.  I have no clue why our Orchestrator did send HTTP request with no authentication.

Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Fred

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's a known issue with the HTTP REST plugin. When it is under load it sometimes issues requests without authentication.

You will need to build in retry logic or implement some kind of throttling. An earlier version of the HTTP REST plugin also introduced a TransientHost object that creates a temporary host you can use to split up the load.

0 Kudos
FredericSOSSON
Contributor
Contributor

Hello stevedrummond,

Thanks a lot for answering my question.  You said it is a known issue, do you have source for this statement?

Best regards,

Fred

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's been discussed on the communities before, however I just tried searching for some threads and wasn't able to find them.

0 Kudos
FredericSOSSON
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a lot stevedrummond for helping and searching, much appreciated Smiley Wink

0 Kudos