VMware Cloud Community
KThorlund
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Guest Script Manager plugin / What is my last event?

Good morning, 

I want to use the Guest Script Manager plugin (VMWare Tools) to execute a software installation on a VM(s) during a deployment. The machines will be joined to a domain via the "clonespec" attribute. But before I start the installation I want to be sure that the VM(s) is not restarted.. And also before the deployment status is set to 100% / complete to avoid users loggin on the the machines. 

I have found - but not sure - that some of the last events / phases are:

lifecycleState.phase:string: POST

lifecycleState.state:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.MachineActivated

and

lifecycleState.event:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.EVENT.OnFinalizeMachine

lifecycleState.phase:string: EVENT

lifecycleState.state:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32

Is it one of these events I have to look for - when am I safe to run my task to avoid VRA deployment activity and user activity?

Is such possible at all. I am not to run the intergrated software deployment due to the licese, and I am also not fully convinced about going via a Powershell host..

Many thanks, K

lifecycleState.phase:string: POST
lifecycleState.state:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.MachineActivated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lifecycleState.event:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.EVENT.OnFinalizeMachine
lifecycleState.phase:string: EVENT
lifecycleState.state:string: VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32
0 Replies