VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Failure in Registering vCO to SSO server

Hello,

I have Downloaded VCO VA 5.1 and installed it , now i am trying to register VCO to SSO  server for SSO authentication, i am getting below error

"Server returned 'request expired' less than 0 seconds after request was issued, but it shouldn't have expired for at least 600 seconds."

I am following http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-20368 and so far all went as decribed in this guide but now an stuck while SSO registration. Does any one have any idea or have come accross this error.

i had checked communication between SSO server and VCO server is perfect and also Certificate are also valid.

i would really appriciate your help and guideline to fix this issue.

Regards,

MG

Regards, MG
5 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

Have you checked time synchronisation between the servers?

Cheers,

Joerg

VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Hello Joerg,

I figured out the issue, a silly one but took my lot of time Smiley Happy good learning after all.

My vcenter server had two NICs one for internet access and other for internal network and Internet access NIC is primary route for traffic flow. So whenever i SSO token is generated it got failed due to Mismatch, as soon as i disabled the Internet NIC i could sucessfully register VCO with SSO in vCenter.

Regards,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
lurims123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You know what, you first register vCenter, SSO server automatically finds itself and register.  If you try to register SSO first you get this error.

0 Kudos
badgerx
Contributor
Contributor

A time sync issue between my vShield Manager vApp and vCenter caused the same error when registering to SSO. Once NTP was corrected it worked.

0 Kudos
Ashz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, i'm stuck with this problem . How was this fixed then?

-AT
0 Kudos