VMware Cloud Community
SirJayDee
Contributor
Contributor

Error 1034

When running one of my workflows in the webclient the workflow does what it should but the webclient throws "Error 1034" (on vCenter and Orchestrator 5.5).

I've searched the Internet and even if some VMware related sites suggest that the problem might be disk space, or the lack of it. (That is not the case here as we have several hundred GB of free space.) Other sites says it is related to Flex, but I haven't found any solution to this problem.

Anyone else who have experienced this?

8 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, error 1034 is Flex/Flash related error (type coercion failed).

Any clues/exception stack traces in vSphere Web client or Flash player logs? Could you try with different browser?

Does this error happen only with one particular workflow?

austinb324
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have this same error. Having a hard time troubleshooting it.

It happens in Chrome only so far. IE does not throw the error. It also only occurs on one workflow so far. I should note as well that the workflow continues to run as I reload the web client. It completes successfully. I dont know at what point during my development this error started as I have been debugging it in the orchestrator client until now.

Output:

An internal error has occurred - Error #1034.

Reloading the client is recommended, so as to clear any problems left by this error.

Click Yes to reload the vSphere Web Client?

Error Stack

---------------------

TypeError: Error #1034

at com.vmware.vsphere.client.common::TaskMonitor/monitorTasks()

at com.vmware.vum.views.compliance::CompliancePortletMediator/onOperationComplete()

at EventFunctor/notifyTarget()

at EventFunctor/onEvent()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.vmware.frinje::EventBus/dispatchEvent()

at com.vmware.frinje::EventBus/onEvent()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.vmware.data.mutation.commands::MutationRequestCommand/onOperationReturn()

at com.vmware.flexutil.proxies::BaseProxy/notify()

at com.vmware.flexutil.proxies::BaseProxy/result()

at com.vmware.flexutil.proxies::BaseProxy/onInvocationComplete()

at OperationInvoker/resultResponseForRequest()

at OperationInvoker/result()

at mx.rpc::AsyncToken/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::applyResult()

at mx.rpc.events::ResultEvent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::callTokenResponders()

at mx.rpc::AbstractOperation/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()

at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()

at mx.rpc::Responder/result()

at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()

at NetConnectionMessageResponder/resultHandler()

at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()

0 Kudos
TXTBone
Contributor
Contributor

I too have started getting a similar error - both on Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.80 m) and IE (11.0.9600.18059).

IE error throws...

2015-11-06_9-16-52.jpg

I additionally get the flash storage prompt of...

2015-11-06_9-13-31.jpg

The only other post I have seen on this topic (in 2014) was solved by increase disk space allocation on the server(s).  This is not an applicable solution for this problem.

austinb324
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get the Adobe prompt as well. I've also seen the posts about increasing disk space for this problem but every vmware server in my environment has atleast 14GB free for every disk on it (most have 35GB+ free). I too doubt that disk space is causing any issues.

0 Kudos
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing this as well.

Did anyone find a solution?

0 Kudos
austinb324
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I stopped seeing the error after a while. Still have no idea what causes it...

0 Kudos
Krishnap69
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If it is a windows based vcenter try to increase the disk space where it was installed (C:drive generally).

It resolved my issue after doing that

0 Kudos
RachelW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have these exact same messages that appear when I attempt to login to my vCenter 6.5 U2 Web Client.  I just did a fresh install of 6.5 U2 and at each login the message appears.  This does NOT happen in the HTML5 client.

vSphere6.5U2-LoginError.jpg

We are NOT running a Windows server - we are running an appliance.

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos