VMware Cloud Community
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

DynamicTypes - exception

Hi All,

I have defined  dynamic data types and relations in two namespaces as show below.

Namespace:OrgA

Parent Data Type: Persons

Child Data Type:Person

Namespace:OrgB

Parent Data Type: Cars

Child Data Type:Car

The DynamicType inventory looks as shown below

Type Hierarchy

Cars

Car

Persons

Person

OrgA{}

OrgB{}

What function is called when namespaces(OrgA or OrgB) are reloaded in the inventory by right clicking on the namespace?

The following exception is thrown when reloaded by right clicking on the "Type Hierarchy"

Finder] Unable to perform operation 'find('TypeHierarchyRootFolder', 'Type Hiera

rchy')' on plugin 'DynamicTypes'

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4503.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.DirectInvoker.invoke(DirectInvoker.java:55)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKDatasourceInvoker.fetchObject(SDKDatasourceInvoke

r.java:115)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKFinder.fetchObject(SDKFinder.java:155)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKFinder.findForId(SDKFinder.java:136)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.ModulesFactory.findForId(ModulesFactory.java:511)

at com.vmware.o11n.sdk.EnhancedScriptingSDK.findForId(EnhancedScriptingS

DK.java:94)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.sdk.SdkModuleServiceImpl.findForId(SdkModuleS

erviceImpl.java:48)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.factory.VcoFactoryFacade.findForId(VcoFactory

Facade.java:1623)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor416.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.security.AccessRightsInterceptor.invoke(Acces

sRightsInterceptor.java:92)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.security.AccessRightsInterceptor.invoke(Acces

sRightsInterceptor.java:83)

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Satish,

What is invoked there is the method which tries to find an object by its type and ID. But 'type hierarchy' is a special root node for the type hierarchy and not a real object ID.

Does this exception manifest in the UI, or just shown it the logs? If the only problem is that the logs get polluted, please ignore it for now. I'll open a PR and will try to fix it for the next plug-in release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Satish,

What is invoked there is the method which tries to find an object by its type and ID. But 'type hierarchy' is a special root node for the type hierarchy and not a real object ID.

Does this exception manifest in the UI, or just shown it the logs? If the only problem is that the logs get polluted, please ignore it for now. I'll open a PR and will try to fix it for the next plug-in release.

0 Kudos
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Ilian.

The exception is not in UI. It is in the logs. I will ignore it now.

DynamicTypes is pretty important concept for exposing ASD services. Is there any official vmware documentation on DynamicTypes? All I find is two blogs on google.

0 Kudos