VMware Cloud Community
MikeServiceNow
Contributor
Contributor

Download vRO appliance with VMUG advantage subscription

Greetings,

I'm working on some rest integrations between ServiceNow and other things.  One of the items I wanted to document is  vRO as an end point.    I have a VMUG advantage subscription but can't seem to find the link for the vRO appliance. Has anyone been able to get vRO?

Thanks for the advice!

Mike

8 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

The download area on www.vmware.com is indeed confusing....

Try to look at the vsphere downloads https://my.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vsphere/6_0

Not sure though if the entitlements for these download pages are the same for the VMUG advantage program.

If it doesn't work, I would recommend to contact the advantage@vmug.com alias for help.

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
DaveKorns
Contributor
Contributor

I've got precisely the same question or issue today. I'm a VMUG EVALExperience user who 'thought' it would include vRO (vRealize Orchestrator). Now I'm unclear if it's included or possible to obtain. I've sent an email to advantage@vmug.com but have not heard back. In the interim, can someone here answer if vRO 'should' be included among all these licenses? This list is cut/pasted from the EVALEexperience webpage.

=== cut/paste ===

What's Included?

VMware and VMUG have partnered with Kivuto Solutions to provide VMUG Advantage Subscribers a customized web portal that provides VMUG Advantage Subscribers with self-service capability to download software and license keys. Licenses to available VMware products are regularly updated and posted to the self-service web portal. The licenses available to VMUG Advantage Subscribers are 365-day evaluation licenses for personal use in a non-production environment that require a one-time, annual download. Annual product downloads ensure that Subscribers receive the most up-to-date versions of products.

Included products are:

•  VMware vCenter Server Standard for vSphere 6

•  VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™ Enterprise Plus

•  VMware vCloud Suite® Standard

•  VMware vRealize Operations™

•  VMware vRealize Log Insight™

•  VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon®

•  VMware Horizon® Advanced Edition

•  VMware Virtual SAN™

===

... and if vRO 'should' be included/entitled based on these licenses, how does one obtain the vRO Appliance .OVA file ... since I can't get it from VMware. When I use my normal account to attempt to download it, it won't allow me.

===

Is it possible this is just a terminology problem and I already have vRO installed but just need to enable it? I've installed VCSA 6.0 and it shows vRO enabled ... do I still need the vRO Appliance as well?

shows-vro-enabled.png

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What you see on this screenshot is vRO plug-in for vSphere Web Client. It provides some integration with Web Client UI and allows the use to perform some vRO operations like start a workflow/schedule a workflow/etc. from within Web Client UI.

But this is just a UI integration plug-in; you still need the real vRO appliance.

0 Kudos
DaveKorns
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Yep, we need the vRO Appliance. 

From everything I can tell the VMUG EVALExperience subscription SHOULD give us access rights to the vRO Appliance but it does not. It is either a gotcha that slipped through the cracks or it's hidden in a non-obvious place. I've now contacted both VMUG and VMware sales for assistance. If I learn anything useful will post back here.

0 Kudos
carl1
Expert
Expert

Any chance that VMUG Advantage could give us access to the main VMware download area instead of having their own download area.  Then we could easily get access to all the downloads that the subscription implies we should have access to ... including updates ... which would be fabulous!

Carl L.

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am considering VMUG advantage. Mainly I'll need it for product research (new version capabilities, integration options, etc). Just curious if you can post an update. Is vRO part of the package? Thanks!

0 Kudos
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

llian is correct - you still need to deploy the vRO appliance.  However if you own vCenter which the VMUG subscription you do for a year, you then own vRO as well.  This was confirmed from our VMWare rep last week - also see.

https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-orchestrator/pricing

I have a VMUG Advantage subscription myself so went ahead an made sure I could license my vRO appliance in my home lab.  I have been living in vRO the last couple week and noticed it stated unlicensed (which was not a big deal - home lab) however for your confirmation applied my vCenter license from VMUG subscription.  Restarted my sevices and it is now licensed.  So yes it is included, however the install media you just need to get from the vmware standard portal.  Hope this helps.

See screen shots for confirmation.

rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good deal! Yes, forgot that Orchestrator uses vCenter Server's license.  Thanks, this is very helpful and exactly the setup I have been looking for.

0 Kudos