VMware Cloud Community
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Database error : Mismatch database version (found version '1.41', was expecting version '1.42')

I'm configuring Orchestrator. Everything is green other than my database configuration.

The database is on a seperate SQL 2005 (v 9.0.4053 and 64 -bit) server. Orchestrator is running on a W2008 64-bit vm (also running Vcenter)

I get the same error using both Windows Authentication and SQL server authentication

I'm guesing its something to do with SQL Server native clients ?

Thanks

Andrew

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found the fix: click the update database version link (how embaressing...)

0 Kudos
DougBaer
Commander
Commander

Don't feel too bad, I missed the link as well -- until I read your post and had the same, "Duh!" moment.

It would be nice if it were in red, or flashing or something... anyway, thanks!

For me, this happened when I updated vCenter to update 1. Orchestrator just broke and I had to start the Configuration service again to get in and see what the heck happened.

Doug Baer, Solution Architect, Advanced Services, Broadcom | VCDX #019, vExpert 2012-23
0 Kudos
GigiCom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have the same Issue, but after pushing the update Button the database Version is the same and i can't continue configuring

Orchestrator. Its a new Installation.

I have an SQL 2000 Database.

Someone an Idea?

0 Kudos
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you installed SP4 on your SQL2000 installation? According to the install and cong. guide anything less isn't supported

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Have you now installed the latest version for vCO and earlier your database was configured for a prior version of vCO? Is it the case that initially you had installed the vCO 4.0 version, configured the database, then you installed vCO 4.0.1 and updated the database and now you have installed vCO 4.0 ? In such a case, the database has been configured now according to 4.0.1 and it probably cannot configure the same DB with the prior version.

0 Kudos
GigiCom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

my Sp Version is SP4. before V4.0.1, i had no Orchestrator configuration and no DB i create first DB while configuring orchestrator in 4.0.1 version.

other Ideas?

0 Kudos