VMware Cloud Community
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Customizing vCO webviews

Hi

I am currently developing some webviews for my workflows, which would be used as user interfaces for other team members. I am looking for a way to customize few elements on them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the proper section on css files. (my webviews were created from default templates and have a very basic structure, however workflows contain several "User interaction" elements)

1. The webview has an input box, that refers to string variable on my workflow. Turns out the length of text box is too small. It becomes a bigger problem when I'm trying to use such text box as a "label" and use it to display a confirmation to a user that "Steps A,B,C were completed successfully, but step D wasn't executed". See attached image.

2. Is there any way to customize/remove buttons displayed on the webviews? Let's say I'd like to leave only one button there: "OK" instead of: "Reset, Cancel, Submit". How do I do that?

Could someone point me at the right direction?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK, I figured that out myself. I added a custom webforms.css file to the webview's elements and found the right section to modify the way my textboxes and buttons are displayed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK, I figured that out myself. I added a custom webforms.css file to the webview's elements and found the right section to modify the way my textboxes and buttons are displayed.

igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

WebViews are deprecated and will be removed in future version of vCO

Consider using some of the alternative approaches:

Use the rest API and create custom UI.

Use vSphere plugin for vCO

Wavemaker fling

vCAC portal

0 Kudos
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer igaydajiev.

Is the Wavemaker Fling compatible with Orchestrator 5.1.2? According to materials I found it requires at least version 5.5.

Kamil

0 Kudos
automationapi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am also stuck with same issue.

Please let me know what is right place to update the code, as you did?

Please refer my issue here --> Updating/changing WebView UI components of workflow in Webview. e.g. rename button details when user...

0 Kudos
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I did it by customizing the default webform.css file and attaching it to the elements of my webview (css attached).

Unfortunately I can't find the original file now so I am not sure what exactly changes I made, however to remove buttons I think I added the below:

div.webformResetAction {

visibility: hidden;

}

div.webformCancelAction {

visibility: hidden;

}

I also changed the width of text boxes allowing me to put more text there - this is also included in the css file I attached.

Good luck!

Kamil

0 Kudos