VMware Cloud Community
Uridium454
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Create approval based on value placed in text field on XaaS blueprint.

I am attempting to kick off an approval based on inputs placed in a text field on an XaaS blueprint form, and can't seem to quite figure out the necessary steps.

Example text field inputs:

someArecord.sure.biz - force approval

anotherArecord.ok.net - force approval

lastArecord.contoso.com - do not force approval

Ideally, I would process through the inputs in vRO and kick the necessary approval off as needed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Uridium454
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wanted to post a quick update to this question in case someone else runs into the same.  I have been able to perform the needed approval like process through the use of a user interaction in vRO.  When bound to a vRA form, the user interaction is acting like an approval and sending an email to the desired email distribution group. These approvals show up under manual approval, and will act just as a vRA approval when approved or denied.  With this setup, the flexibility required to perform decisions based on input is possible. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Uridium454
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wanted to post a quick update to this question in case someone else runs into the same.  I have been able to perform the needed approval like process through the use of a user interaction in vRO.  When bound to a vRA form, the user interaction is acting like an approval and sending an email to the desired email distribution group. These approvals show up under manual approval, and will act just as a vRA approval when approved or denied.  With this setup, the flexibility required to perform decisions based on input is possible. 

0 Kudos