VMware Cloud Community
Chamon
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Configuring vCenter Orchestrator 4 Everything configures correctly but the Network. Can't Save the config

I am going through my first vCenter Orchestrator configuration. I Started out following the configuration directions in order. I logged into the vCenter Orchestrator Web Configuration utility. One of the first things to do is set the network on the server. I have gone into the Networking tab and clicked on the drop down to select the host IP address. It is there along with 127.0.0.1. I selected the servers IP address and it correctly fills in the DNS Name field with the fqdn. Now there is supposed to be an Apply Now button that comes up............ but it doesn't.

I have left all of the port settings on this page to the default. I can click on the SSL tab and am able to import the certificate from the vCenter server without issue. All other aspects of the configuration have been completed (LDAP, Database, Server Certificate, License) but I can not get it to save the network configuration and bind to the NIC. So I am stuck. This is the last portion of the initial configuration that will not complete. Any help would be great.

The Apply Now button has been available on every other necessary location during the install.

This is a VM with Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2, SQL 2005, 2GB RAM, and 1vCPU

Nothing else installed on this server

vCenter Orchestrator Build 4.0.0.4240 Connecting to A vSphere vCenter server

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have seen this once in my setup when I am hitting the configuration page from the console and the console resolution was set at 640x480. In this case, the apply button was hidden. I believe we only guarantee this at higher resolutions such as 1024x768.

Could you confirm that this is not the case (that you are running the browser in a low resolution setting?

Thanks,

Sia

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chamon
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Has anyone else seen this? Do I need to reinstall it? I have copied out the existing config but can't figure out why I can't save the network config. Bummer......

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Which web browser are you using?

Please be sure to use a supported browser.

Sometimes, you do have to scroll down in order to see the apply button.

Bill

0 Kudos
Chamon
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am using ie6 and I have scrolled all over the screen. The apply

button is not there. I also clicked everywhere just in case I couldn't

see it but it wasn't there. The butten is on every other tap but

here????????? Strange!

On Jul 15, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Bill_Call <communities-

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have seen this once in my setup when I am hitting the configuration page from the console and the console resolution was set at 640x480. In this case, the apply button was hidden. I believe we only guarantee this at higher resolutions such as 1024x768.

Could you confirm that this is not the case (that you are running the browser in a low resolution setting?

Thanks,

Sia

0 Kudos
Chamon
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

That was it! Thanks for the help. Can't believe that was the issue. What a waist of time yesterday. Oh well now it is done and we can continue to test it out. Thanks again.

0 Kudos