VMware Cloud Community
Meds68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuring email

Hi,

I've been trying to configure email for a couple of days now.  Just updated to VRO 7.2 and reconfigured email.

I do not want to pass credentials to my SMTP server.  When VRO tries to send an email, I am getting '535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful' errors....even if the credentials being passed are "null".  I can send an email from a Windows server using powershell to the same SMTP server, without any credentials.

Is there a way sending an email without passing any credentials, even null?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Meds68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your input - was good to know I wasn't wasting my time on something that would never work.

Have finally fixed it.  Had to uninstall the mail package....which sounds easy, but took quite a few steps and time, but got there.... and then reinstalled it.  All works great now Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure what the problem could be but this should work out of the box. I just tried on fresh 7.2 instance. I didn't have to run configure mail workflow but just used Send notification workflow with all inputs sans username/password. Perhaps check that mail workflows were upgraded, I seem to recall authentication required condition happening awhile ago to me as well.

0 Kudos
Meds68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your input - was good to know I wasn't wasting my time on something that would never work.

Have finally fixed it.  Had to uninstall the mail package....which sounds easy, but took quite a few steps and time, but got there.... and then reinstalled it.  All works great now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos