VMware Cloud Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Complex Datastructures / Custom DataTypes

Whats the best way to handle the situation where I need to associate values with particular vm's but only during execution of the workflow. (I don't need them kept as custom attributes in VC)

Is it possible to create an array with the following data structure or is there a better way to handle this situation. Also what would be the best way to prompt the user to input the values into the array. I was looking at asking for the individual values as 4 separate arrays and using the relative position of each

VM ObjectIntegerIntegerBool
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jselleck
Contributor
Contributor

I've done somethign simular with the Properties type.   You can set a key(string) and store objects (array) that can be accessed by the keys. 

igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, Properties type or Configuration Elements could do the job. About the second part,
>I was looking at asking for the individual
>values as 4 separate arrays and using the relative position of each
I am afraid there is no better solution to this right now.
Just as additional information, in vCO5.1, which is just around the corner there is a new type called Composite Type that would better fit this scenario but I guess it won't be an option in this case.
Visit http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for the latest in Cloud Orchestration.
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks all for the replies I'll look into the properties & Configurations elements until vCO5.1 and composite type is available

0 Kudos