VMware Cloud Community
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Changing Output Parameters

Hi,

In Orchestrator if I add a workflow element to a workflow, and enter the "Setup" box I have the option of selecting the Output Parameters to be an Output or "Local Variable". For example in the "create simple dvPortGroup vm" workflow the output parameter is called newVM. If I leave this as Output, I then can't continue the workflow by passing the output to the next step. Is there a way of going back and changing this to "Local Variable" without recreating the entire workflow from scratch. I'd really like to enter the "Setup..." area again but cant get this option to appear, depiste trying to open the workflow element in a new page or reloading the whole workflow.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Open the workflow in edit mode, go to 'Output' tab (the third tab on the top), select the line with 'newVM' parameter, right-click and choose 'Move as attribute' command.

Then go to 'Schema tab, open 'create simple dvPortGroup virtual machine' workflow in edit mode, got to 'Visual Binding' tab, and make sure that 'newVM' output parameter of the 'create simple dvPortGroup virtual machine' workflow is bound/connected to the 'newVM' out attribute (drag and drop a line between the little triangles next to these two elements).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Open the workflow in edit mode, go to 'Output' tab (the third tab on the top), select the line with 'newVM' parameter, right-click and choose 'Move as attribute' command.

Then go to 'Schema tab, open 'create simple dvPortGroup virtual machine' workflow in edit mode, got to 'Visual Binding' tab, and make sure that 'newVM' output parameter of the 'create simple dvPortGroup virtual machine' workflow is bound/connected to the 'newVM' out attribute (drag and drop a line between the little triangles next to these two elements).