VMware Cloud Community
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changes to scheduling worksflow runs?

So it seems that regular VCO users are no longer able to schedule workflow runs?

Is this a bug or just another feature removal?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

0 Kudos
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For me it is working with admin level accounts, but for those with a VCO user role.. they cannot schedule things anymore.

The option is greyed out.

They were able to schedule workflows in the past.

0 Kudos
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

only changes that were done were updating to orchestrator 8.10 and patching vCenter to 7.0.3 build 21290409.

Also updated to 8.11 yesterday to see if that helped the situation. it did not.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@manfriday,

I believe this is happening for lack of permissions, have you tried applying the Workflow Designer with Run only role?: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Orchestrator/8.11/com.vmware.vrealize.orchestrator-using-client-...

0 Kudos
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@Lalegre 

As we are using the standalone orchestrator that comes with vSphere, I dont think I have access to that role.

We can only apply "RUN" permissions to users we add to VCO.

In the past those users could still schedule tasks.

Looking at my scheduled task history I can see a user had scheduled some tasks back in December, before I updated to 8.10.

Since that time two of the users have contacted me saying they can no longer schedule workflow runs, and asked me to give them back those permissions.

😕

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@manfriday,

Got it now, I thought you were using the integrated with vRA.

Really weird that you are facing that issue after some upgrades I am not on that version yet so I cannot assure if it is a bug but if you have the time, you could test installing a new standalone to confirm is a bug.

0 Kudos