VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

BUG - Workflow runs list oldest items button takes you to next page not end of list.

Am I crazy or does the ">|" button on the workflow runs list not take you to the end.  For me it takes me to the next page of results.  Can anyone else here confirm this and if so I'll open up a ticket for a bug.  The "|<" back to the top button seems to work fine just not the jump to the end.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We're running the SaaS version, so orchestrator is part of the cloud extensibily proxy.....Same experience. 

I also noticed that the number of pages isn't accurate.  It's always 1/2, or 2/3, or 3/4 .... but never like, 1/4 or 2/8.  And i'm curious if the "last page" logic is doing something similar.  Since it looks like the last page is always the next page, that's what happens when we click the "last page" button...it just goes to the next page?  So yeah, seems buggy.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Finally getting around to putting in a bug report for this.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VMware confirmed this bug and said that the fix is already in the cloud version and should be in the on prem soon.  If anyone here uses the cloud offering can you check? @emacintosh ?

emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Good question.  I didn't notice the change.  But I'm starting to think vRO doesn't uprade automatically like the other on-prem appliances.  So we may actually still be hanging out on like 8.9.x. 

If that is the case, I can check back in when we do get a chance to upgrade.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Believe it or not this is still an issue... I've reopened this case at least 3 times now and they always say it is in the next release.  I have a call with support on Monday to once again show them as they always seem confused when I reopen it.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Anyone monitoring or stumbling upon this thread I was basically given the middle finger from VMware on fixing this.  I was told since this is a "cosmetic" issue. Although I argued it is not only cosmetic it is a big pain in the ass at times for me.  It is degraded functionality not merely cosmetic.  They apparently know about it but I was told it was a total rewrite of that page to fix it?  I call BS big time.  I think the merely attached in incorrect call to the button.  Instead of "get last page" its doing "get next page".

I would suggest that anyone this is an issue for to also open a ticket with support.  If there isn't any noise this is likely to stay unfixed for the foreseeable future.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

This wording sounds familiar to me: "cosmetic".

I got the same reply on another issue where a kubernetes deployment does not refresh the kubeconfig from Tanzu after cluster upgrade, making the file unusable after 365 days. And this is only a cosmetic issue... I was not happy with the response either...

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yeah pretty lame response on just being cosmetic.  I get it is probably a low priority fix but also seems  so easy great work for a junior staff member.  If anyone wants to reference my case use SR 24496793801.

0 Kudos