Jump to solution

Assigning xaas blueprints to a vRa service

Hi All,

I have a workflow that I need to

• Create a new vra service
  • Create some new xaas blueprints
  • Publish the new blueprints
  • Assign the new blueprints to the new service

The first 3 steps work fine, but I can't figure out how to assign the new blueprints to the new service.

The code that creates the blueprints is below, my question is how do I add blueprints to the service? I've looked at getting a list of catalogue items (using vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getCatalogItems(host) ), but my blueprints do not appear in the list, I guess there's another step to get my blueprints to show up in the list? I need to do all this in code, end result needs to be the new service containing all the blueprints.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim.

pastedImage_16.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pastedImage_0.png

It seems that only reference to the service is on the CatalogItem.... Which makes sense I guess as that's the item that gets made available to the client / portal

The REST docs for the AdvancedDesigner client don't show any way to set the Service parent of the ServiceBlueprint. The only reference I was able to find was in the CatalogAdmin service which seems to be handling the serviceRef member shown above

pastedImage_1.png

Helpfully, the AdminCatalogItemService has a method to list all CatalogItems which have no service so you might be able to just search that for the name of the entry you've just created?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pastedImage_0.png

It seems that only reference to the service is on the CatalogItem.... Which makes sense I guess as that's the item that gets made available to the client / portal

The REST docs for the AdvancedDesigner client don't show any way to set the Service parent of the ServiceBlueprint. The only reference I was able to find was in the CatalogAdmin service which seems to be handling the serviceRef member shown above

pastedImage_1.png

Helpfully, the AdminCatalogItemService has a method to list all CatalogItems which have no service so you might be able to just search that for the name of the entry you've just created?

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, that has moved me along nicely!

Now have this code:

pastedImage_0.png

It's retrieving a list of the unassigned items starting with "NSS -" and assigning to my new group Smiley Happy

0 Kudos