I am trying to add the SOAP Endpoints on an F5 BIG-IP LTM VE into vCenter Orchestrator v5.1 with the following code, where strPassword is an input of type SecureString.
01. var arrAuthenticationParams = ["Shared Session", "admin", strPassword, "", ""];
03. var objAuthenticationSOAP = SOAPAuthenticationManager.createAuthentication("Basic", arrAuthenticationParams);
05. var objSOAPHost = new SOAPHost();
06. objSOAPHost.name = "CloudLTM-LocalLB.VirtualServer";
07. objSOAPHost.wsdlLocal = false;
08. objSOAPHost.wsdlUri = "https://cldltm-2c5202.cloud/iControl/iControlPortal.cgi?WSDL=LocalLB.VirtualServer";
09. objSOAPHost.connectionTimeout = 30.0;
10. objSOAPHost.requestTimeout = 60.0;
11. objSOAPHost.authentication = objAuthenticationSOAP;
13. var objNewSOAPHost = SOAPHostManager.addHost(objSOAPHost); <== This is the line where it errors at.
15. System.log("The New SOAP Host ID = " + objNewSOAPHost.id);
And I am getting the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException (Workflow:Copy of Manage SSL certificates / SOAP (item2)#13)
AFAIK, the F5 plug-in is developed by another team and I'm not sure whether they monitor this forum or not.
We could take a look, but unfortunately we don't have a working F5 environment to test with and I'm not sure how much effort would be setup it.
I am NOT using the F5 Plugin!!
As I said I am attempting to add the SOAP End Point and the SOAP Plugin is unable to add the URL to the SOAP End Point on the F5 BIG-IP LTM VE
do you get more details in ther server.log of vCO?
(You can temporarily set the loglevel to debug...)
What exact version of the SOAP Plugin do you use?
Usually such an error points to an wrong/not-standard-conform WSDL file.
Do you get a proper wsdl response when calling the wsdl uri in a browser?
Since you use https: Have you registered the SSL certificate of the endpoint prior to adding the host?
Yes I have manually imported the certificate into the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration WebSite and also restarted the services just to make sure.
I raised this as an SR with VMware, We have the highest level of support with them which is BCS and they confirmed that it is a bug with the URL parser and it has been sent to the Engineering team in Bulgaria to provide a fix.
Hi, was this issue solved?
I'm experiencing the same behaviour.