VMware Cloud Community
unstopabell1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Add a vCAC host - Missing Linked Workflow

Hey there,

We just stood up our vCO server and added the vCAC (6.1) plug-in.  I go to add the vCAC Host under configuration by running the "Add a vCAC Host" workflow, however the workflow won't even validate because it says there is a "Missing Linked Workflow" (the Import a Certificate step).

When I Validate the workflow I get:  Info: Workflow with ID [c5a874a2-e8e7-480d-bdde-d1a80b8a3011] is missing.  And "Cannot find workflow with ID 'c5a874a2-e8e7-480d-bdde-d1a80b8a3011' in the library with the Owner being "Import a certificate from URL".

I've reinstalled the plug-in to see if perhaps something went wrong, but getting the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

'Import a certificate from URL' workflow comes from Configurator plug-in which is part of standard vCO deployment and should be installed by default.

Please check the following:

1) Verify that the workflow is indeed missing. Look into workflow inventory tree, in folder /Library/Configuration/SSL Trust Manager/

2) If the workflow is not in this folder, then perhaps Configurator plug-in didn't deploy properly. Open vCO configurator UI at https://[vcoip]:8283 and go to Plugins page. Check if there is a line for Configuration plug-in and what its status.

3) If the plug-in is listed there but status is not OK, then you may try to redeploy it. In the same configurator UI, go to Troubleshooting page, and click on 'Reset current version' link, then go to 'Startup Options' page and click 'Restart Service'. This will restart vCO server and hopefully redeploy the plug-in and its workflows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

'Import a certificate from URL' workflow comes from Configurator plug-in which is part of standard vCO deployment and should be installed by default.

Please check the following:

1) Verify that the workflow is indeed missing. Look into workflow inventory tree, in folder /Library/Configuration/SSL Trust Manager/

2) If the workflow is not in this folder, then perhaps Configurator plug-in didn't deploy properly. Open vCO configurator UI at https://[vcoip]:8283 and go to Plugins page. Check if there is a line for Configuration plug-in and what its status.

3) If the plug-in is listed there but status is not OK, then you may try to redeploy it. In the same configurator UI, go to Troubleshooting page, and click on 'Reset current version' link, then go to 'Startup Options' page and click 'Restart Service'. This will restart vCO server and hopefully redeploy the plug-in and its workflows.

0 Kudos
unstopabell1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks so much IIian!  It turns out there were a bunch of folders missing from the workflows, you really helped me out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos