VMware Cloud Community
DPSmith
Contributor
Contributor

Active Directory 1.0.5

I am new to VCO and need some assistance with the AD plugin.  We are on VCO 5.5.2 and AD plugin 1.0.5.  I have run the workflow to connect to AD and it is successful.  When I try to run an AD workflow I do not get any values on the presentation to select AD elements.  What do I need to do to get this plugin configured?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To verify if the plugin was configured successfully you can check the inventory. See attached screenshot.

Check also server.log for errors.

DPSmith
Contributor
Contributor

After many attempts to create create this not to use a shared session, I changed it to use a shared session and entered credentials.  This created the view as in your screen shot.  I will need to create a user account to configure this for use.  When I change my password it will break.  Thanks for the input

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When session per user is configured plugin will use the credentials of logged in user in vCO.

One possible reason for failure in this case can be missing domain. Try providing default domain when configuring the AD pluign (not sure about the syntax (@somedomain.com or directly domain.com).

Another one is if vCO server itself is running in SSO mode. In such case the credentials can not be used to authenticate against microsoft AD server and user per session can not be used.