I am using the wizard to install vRealize Automation 7.3. When I run the installation the installation fails at 12% at "verify all services are running". I tried multiple things but no luck. Any advice on how to get past the "verify all service are running" portion of the installation? So I am using a distributed installation. 2 vRealize appliances (behind a NSX load balancer), 1 web IaaS Server (running website and model manager data service), 1 DEM server (running DEM Orchestrator Service and Manager Server Service) and 1 Agent Server (RunningAgent Service). I don't think it has to do with settings also because all servers are DNS resolvable and have network connectivity to one another. It fails at "verify all services are running" at the VA role (virtual appliance). I look at details and it says "Health Check Failed". I check the health and saw this error:
The service shell-ui-app was not able to register the service information with the Component Registry service! This might cause other dependent services to fail. Error Message: Retriable operation failed after the maximum number of attempts - . OperationDetails 'Registering [shell-ui-app] service into Component Registry'
It did not fix it unfortunately. I think it's most likely related to me not having enough RAM or me using nested ESXi. I am going to buy more RAM and just rebuild my physical box as an ESXi server. Start fresh and see if it helps. Hopefully it does lol.
So I finished rebuilding my ESXi host on a server with 192GB of RAM and 2 Xeon CPU. So speed and memory should not be an issue this time lol. I rebuilt vCenter server. But now I am having a weird issue, I am downloading the OVA for vrealize automation and it's not showing the ova icon when it finishes downloading. It just shows a white sheet, see image below: . I feel like the download from the my.vmware.com site is not working properly. When I downloaded it previously it never looked like that. And then when I try to deploy the ova file it keeps failing at 75% and gives the error: transfer failed:IO error during transfer of 'null': null. Any ideas? It was a fresh download from the website that I did like 30 minutes ago. I tried deploying the ova file directly into esxi host and still failed.
I re-downloaded it a couple of times and it still happened. I even tried to download another OVA file for operations manager and the same thing happened. lol. If it's not one issue it's another haha.
I am now having an issue creating Fabric Groups in vRealize Automation. I created the endpoint and it connected successfully but when I try to create my fabric group, it does not list any "compute resources". See pictures below for more details.
You have to make sure that your vSphere agents are able to query the inventory of your vCenter server, which should have some cluster(s) setup within it.
Logs under Infrastructure - Monitoring - Log should tell if you have issues.
vSphere agent logs are under: %INSTALLATION_PATH%\Agents\%AGENT-NAME%\Logs
When I did my installation, it asked me for the endpoint name and agent name. I named them both vCenter. when I added my endpoint to Vrealize web console, I specified the name as vCenter as well. I tested the connection and it tested successfully. But upon creating the Fabric Group, there are no computer resources showing up.
I checked the logs before I setup my endpoint. The logs were saying, can connect to endpoint vCenter. When I successfully connected to the vCenter endpoint I created during installation, I did not see that error message anymore.
So upon checking my logs, this is what I am seeing: But my endpoint is named "vCenter" as seen below. vCenter is what I named the agent and endpoint name during installation. vcsa.home.lan is the FQDN of my vcenter server. I am not seeing any endpoint errors after adding the endpoint and connecting successfully. But I am not seeing any computer resources when creating my fabric groups.
Those errors indicate MSDTC issues in communication from the repository to the SQL database, so you want to check that it's not only enabled but the security settings are correct on both nodes. If you've cloned the nodes from each other, you'll probably need to uninstall and then reinstall MSDTC in order for it to generate unique IDs that otherwise cause communication conflicts.
I uninstalled the DTC service and re-installed it and it fixed the issue. I setup all my blueprints and features. I am trying to create a VM in vcenter now and am receiving this error:
Error processing [CreateVM], error details:
The custom property named VMware.VirtualCenter.OperatingSystem is required.