VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRAC 6.2 vCO Plug-in with distributed vCO 5.5.2.1

Has anyone gotten the vRAC 6.2 vCO plugin working with a distributed vCO?

The vCloud Automation Center 6.2.0 Plug-in just sits at "Will perform installation at next server startup." similar to how it did when 6.1. My resolution back then was to update vCO when the latest version came out. Is that what we're seeing here too?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Based on the release notes, the plugin for vRA 6.2 is only supported for use with Orchestrator 6, which isn't generally available yet. Don't ask me to explain what could have possibly inspired that, but that's what it is.

-Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Did you try "reset current version" in the trouble shooting area already?  That has cleared up some post plugin install weirdness for me a couple of times.  Is the vCO server service off on your secondary nodes?

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I tried a few things:

• shutting down the vco service on the second noe
  • moving to stand alone mode
  • reset current version
  • rebooting the vCO appliance

none of them work. When vCAC 6.1 was released i had this same exact issue with a distributed vCO and the issue was that it wasn't compatible, that's my bet here. I wanted to see if i was wrong and mainly if it had actually worked for anyone.

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Based on the release notes, the plugin for vRA 6.2 is only supported for use with Orchestrator 6, which isn't generally available yet. Don't ask me to explain what could have possibly inspired that, but that's what it is.

-Steve
0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I must have read over that, thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
svenherren
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

same problem here. we also use distributed vCO as probably everybody does in a production environment. So we can not use internal vRA Orchstrator 6. vRA Plugin 6.2 does not work with standalone vCO 5.5.2.x.

I cannot understand why VMware releases a Plugin to a prduct which is not available yet. Hope they release standalone vCO 6 soon. Some workflows don't work anymore here (especially the API requestCatalogItem) , so i assume they require vRA Plugin 6.2, but this works only with the builtin Orchestrator of the vRA 6.2 appliance. Migrating everything from external vCO to this internal thing would be a major project and not in a timely manner possible. Also would be redundancy and high availability lost. I really do not understand what VMware thought about this. They even recommend using distributed vCO in productive environments and now the release only half of the components. I'm relly a bit angy about them 😉

We probably have to roll back to 6.1.x since 6.2 is not usable in production distributed environments!

Regards

Sven

0 Kudos
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you manage to revert to the 6.1 plugin easily?

I'm kind of reluctant to remove the .dar and re-install the 6.1 plugin as I don't want to lose any settings.

Cheers

0 Kudos
svenherren
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes i just removed the dar files on the command line in the vCO appliance and reinstalled the 6.1 plugin over the vCO config GUI. No settings were lost.

But i still do have a working snapshot of all the systems before the upgrade to vRA 6.2. Just in case Smiley Wink

Regards

Sven

0 Kudos
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for your resonse! Will give that a go.

Cheers

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

A quick note here, the 6.1 plugin is compatible with 6.2. I'd recommend staying with that.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos