VMware Cloud Community
bzzc3m
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 8 snapshot limit issues

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the day 2 action for "Create Snapshot" when limiting the snapshot count to 1.

I have a client that limits the user (day 2) snapshots to 1 in vRA, which worked fine in vRA 7.6.  However, in vRA 8.9.1 the day 2 action "Create Snapshot" does not get "greyed-out" when there is an active snapshot on the resource.  If there is no active snapshot, the day 2 actions for "Delete Snapshot" and "Revert Snapshot" are correctly "greyed-out"

The issue is that the user is allowed to select the Create Snapshot action even if there is an active snapshot.  This will correctly FAIL due to the "snapshotLimit" being set to 1, but the day 2 action should be "greyed-out", therefore preventing the user from trying to create a second one.

Am I missing something, or is this the way it works now?

Thanks

Ron

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanielStastka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In my experience, values from the vSphere are always delayed in the vAA.
For example, I have allowed the deletion of deployments when the server is switched off (PowerOff). Unfortunately, this did not every time work, because the power state comes with a delay.

My recommendation, make a direct request to the vCenter to query the status (and create a dummy field with result) for the 2-Day Action. Only if true, the action may be executed. I hope you understand what I mean

Dany

0 Kudos
miladme99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is it related to only one VM/client or it is same for all?

0 Kudos
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reads like a "has snapshots" boolean issue somewhere. But you need a snapshot count. But at this moment i only know about the has_snapshots boolean. Maybe  a nice one for future request.

0 Kudos
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes the delays are connected to the 10 minute update  interval scan to  vCenter. Would be nice if vCenter would update vRA activly then passively like now.

0 Kudos