VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRA 8.8.1 - content sharing with new projects not working

I have created two projects in vRA and a few abx actions and vra cloud templates for vm deployment. The templates are associated with the first project, in template settings "share with all projects" is selected, the template is versioned and released.

Under content sharing a new content source is created and all the templates are shared. This can be validated under the Content tab, where all the templates are listed.

The content is now available in the catalog for both projects.

Now I have created two new projects and assumed, that the shared content will be available to those two projects. In the catalog, the released content is only available to the two initial projects though. I did a "validate" and "save & exit" on the content source, there does not seem for anything to be out of order.

I have also tried deleting the content source and re-adding it again, this made the matter worse as the content is now only available to the first project.

This is getting really frustrating, as I have no idea how to share the content again. According to the documentation all required steps are executed correctly. Any tips on this are appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Nevermind, I did not have the patience to do more troubleshooting and just upgraded the environment to 8.8.2. There the issue could be resolved with the help of Content Sharing Profiles.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Nevermind, I did not have the patience to do more troubleshooting and just upgraded the environment to 8.8.2. There the issue could be resolved with the help of Content Sharing Profiles.

0 Kudos