VMware Cloud Community
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7 with vCloud 6 license

Are we allowed to use vRA 7.0.0/7.0.1 with vCloud 6 license?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think vCloud Suite 6 only includes vRA 6.2.x only.

vRA 7 cannot be used with that license.

Never tried to explore vCloud Suite 6 to vCloud Suite 7 upgrade, I would recommend talking with VMware sales to get more info on this.

Also take a look into following URL, it's including info about product component coverage in vCloud Suite 7.

Introducing VMware vCloud Suite 7 and vRealize Suite 7 - VMware Cloud Management - VMware Blogs

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

We used our vCloud 5 and 6 licenses with vRA 7 with no issues. But we went ahead and updated to vRealize 7 so we could get Business for Cloud.

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi npadmani

Yes. Probably the answer is NO, I think. Thank you for your comment.

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi pizzle85

Really? According to http://pubs.vmware.com/vra-70/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vrealize-automation-70-upgrading.pdf, vCloud Suite 6.x licenses are removed during the upgrade.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

Yes, we used our vCloud 5 and vCloud 6 licenses with vRA 7. If you're concerned or unsure contact your sales rep.

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi pizzle85,

You mean you applied vCloud 5/6 licenses to fresh installed vRA 7 and then upgraded the license from ver.6 to ver.7. If so, that's makes sense. Thanks.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

I did it with both an upgrade and a fresh install both worked. During the upgrade it removed the license and i had to add it back.

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh great. You tried to do both cases. The following is my understanding:

- The fresh installed vRA 7 can have the vCloud 6 license and work expectedly.

- However, from the license point of view, I have to confirm whether vCloud 6 license has the right to use vRA 7 or not.

0 Kudos