VMware Cloud Community
V00Z11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.4 not showing health information from vROps

After upgrading to vRA 7.4 the health badges on the Item Details page are not visible anymore. For one or two seconds you see the frame loading, but it ends up being blank.

In the Items > Machines list the health column is not shown neither.

Under Administration > Reclamation > Deployments the health column is visible but there is also the following error message shown: Error: Unable to fetch information from configured vRealize Operations Manager

Under Administration > Reclamation > Metrics Provider I reset the vROps endpoint and the connection test is successfull, but this doesn't fix the above problem.

vROps itself is collecting data and I can see all the information it is collecting for VMs and so on.

Anyone experiencing the same behavior?

vRA 7.4.0 Build 8182598

vROps 6.7.0 Build 8183617

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
V00Z11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm using the FQDN. I tried it again and tailed the catalina.out in the vRA appliance. As soon as the error was logged (Error Msg: Unable to fetch information from configured vRealize Operations Manager) I saw deep down in the stack trace (92 lines below) the actual cause: Password Policy Violated. Reason: "Password expired: 3 day(s) ago. Password needs to be changed to proceed.

I reset the password for the local account in vROps used for the metrics provider and now it's working again.

I tried using a service account which I imported from our AD but I couldn't get it working with this user. The error message is the same but the cause is API call failed, reason = 401. It doesn't make any difference how you type in the username for the metrics provider (username, domain\username, userprincipalname). I'll stick with the local account but I'm just curious if anybody got it working with an AD account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Under Metrics Provider, did you add the vROps system using IP or FQDN?

0 Kudos
V00Z11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm using the FQDN. I tried it again and tailed the catalina.out in the vRA appliance. As soon as the error was logged (Error Msg: Unable to fetch information from configured vRealize Operations Manager) I saw deep down in the stack trace (92 lines below) the actual cause: Password Policy Violated. Reason: "Password expired: 3 day(s) ago. Password needs to be changed to proceed.

I reset the password for the local account in vROps used for the metrics provider and now it's working again.

I tried using a service account which I imported from our AD but I couldn't get it working with this user. The error message is the same but the cause is API call failed, reason = 401. It doesn't make any difference how you type in the username for the metrics provider (username, domain\username, userprincipalname). I'll stick with the local account but I'm just curious if anybody got it working with an AD account.

0 Kudos